KTM ETS (Electric Train Service) is part of the intercity rail service provided by KTM Intercity, a division under Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad – KTMB. The first commercial run was done on August 12th 2010, after several times of postponement. For the time being, ETS plies the route between Ipoh and KL Sentral.
ETS used to run from Ipoh all the way to Seremban but the route is modified due to unknown reasons. Unconfirmed sources say ETS service will be expanded further north to Kuala Kangsar and south to Gemas. However, KTM Berhad has yet to announce anything regarding that matter.
Click here for ETS Fares and Schedules.
Previously operated by a subsidiary of KTM Berhad, ETS is currently operating under KTM Intercity division.
ETS was managed by a subsidiary of KTMB, ET Sdn. Bhd. According to KTM Chairman, Dr. Aminuddin Adnan, the establishment of ET as KTMB’s subsidiary would be able to nurture an environment that is more conducive for enhancing productivity and discipline.
Work as partners to make ETS a dominant player in transportation industry by redefining values in commuting.
- ETS will always engage our partners in all the workings and planning of the company to achieve the maximum contribution from the partners.
- We will at all times keep the customer confidence by working at the top of our personal and professional performance levels.
- We will do our absolute best to provide each and every customer with only the highest integrity, trust, love, teamwork, fun and energy, smile and innovation in providing the best customer service and timeliness on every trip “ABSOLUTELY”.
KTMB uses KTM Class 91 for its ETS service. Five trainsets were purchased by KTM for USD 67 million. Each trainset has six cars and all trainsets are currently operational. It is designed by Marubeni Corporation and jointly built by Hyundai Rotem of Korea and Mitsubishi Electric of Japan. It can travel up to 160 km/h although its operational speed is 140 km/h.
There are two types of ETS routes, which are ETS Gold and ETS Silver.
|STATIONS||ETS SILVER||ETS GOLD|
|Kuala Kubu Bahru||Yes|
- 240 V power outlet for laptops and mobile devices
- CCTV system in every coach
- LED TV
- Baggage placement sections provided.
- Disabled-friendly trains
- WiFi service
Free Wi-Fi Internet Access in ETS Trains
ETS provides free wireless internet access to passengers. However, the quality of internet connection cannot be verified. Please share with us your internet experience onboard ETS trains.
- Berita Harian – corporate information
- Kosmo – train specifications
- KTM Intercity website – fare and schedule
Updated on August 28th 2014.