KTM Intercity (also known in Malay Language as KTM Antarabandar) is one of the passenger service offered by KTM Berhad (KTMB). One source said the most profitable KTM Intercity is the route between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
Other than regular KTM Intercity, KTM Berhad also has ETS and Komuter for passenger transport.
KTM Intercity Services
Listed below are KTM Intercity services. Click on each route for schedule information.
|Code||Route||First station||Last station|
|ER 1||Ekspres Rakyat (Southbound)||Butterworth||Woodlands|
|ER 2||Ekspres Rakyat (Northbound)||Woodlands||Butterworth|
|SS 12||Ekspres Sinaran Selatan 12 (Northbound)||Woodlands||KL Sentral|
|SS 13||Ekspres Sinaran Selatan 13 (Southbound)||KL Sentral||Woodlands|
|SL 20||Ekspres Senandung Langkawi 20 (Northbound)||KL Sentral||Hat Yai|
|SL 21||Ekspres Senandung Langkawi 21 (Southbound)||Hat Yai||KL Sentral|
|SS 24||Ekspres Senandung Sutera 24 (Northbound)||Woodlands||KL Sentral|
|SS 25||Ekspres Senandung Sutera 25 (Southbound)||KL Sentral||Woodlands|
|ST 26||Ekspres Senandung Timuran 26 (Eastbound and Northbound)||Woodlands||Tumpat|
|ST 27||Ekspres Senandung Timuran 27 (Westbound, Southbound)||Tumpat||Woodlands|
|SW 28||Ekspres Senandung Wau 28 (Eastbound)||KL Sentral||Tumpat|
|SW 29||Ekspres Senandung Wau 29 (Westbound)||Tumpat||KL Sentral|
|IE 35||Ekspres Antarabangsa 35 (Southbound)||Bangkok||Butterworth|
|IE 36||Ekspres Antarabangsa 36 (Northbound)||Butterworth||Bangkok|
|SH 61||Shuttle Gemas – Singapura||Gemas||Singapura|
|SH 62||Shuttle Singapura – Gemas||Singapura||Gemas|
|SH 70||Shuttle Gua Musang – Tumpat||Gua Musang||Tumpat|
|SH 71||Shuttle Tumpat – Gua Musang||Tumpat||Gua Musang|
|SH 72||Shuttle Gua Musang – Tumpat||Gua Musang||Tumpat|
|SH 73||Shuttle Gua Musang – Tumpat||Tumpat||Gua Musang|
KTM Intercity coach types
- ABC – Buffet coach. The whole coach is for cafeteria.
- AEC – Economy class. Seats are less comfy compared to ASC but it justifies the extremely low price. Suitable for students.
- AFC – First Class Seat, seating layout is twin seat plus single seat per row. Suitable for those with bigger build and people seeking more comfort. AFC
- ASC – Seating second class. With space as wide as economy class but it promises more legroom. Those who has bigger body size but don’t want to use sleeper berth, better consider to travel in ASC. However, for most people, I would like to recommend ADNS (second class sleeper berth) over ASC because you only pay a few ringgits extra and can wake up refreshed the following day.
- ADNS – Sleeper berth second class. It provides you a comfy sleeping experience. Upper berth fares are few ringgits lower than lower berth. Use lower berth if you have trouble climbing up the mini stairs.
- ADNF – two sleeper berths in one cabin. Dubbed as first class air-cond day night, this is the best class for travel, apart from SELESA coach.
Updated on September 15th 2014.