Upon our checkup on Firefly website, we found a good deal for students to take advantage of ticket discount on Firefly!
Please note that the discount only applies to flight fare. Taxes, surcharges and fees are excluded and their costs must be borne by KADS1M holders.
Since this is a 1Malaysia initiative, it is a new effort by the government and very prone to changes and abolishment in the future.
Please visit Firefly website for more information and changes in the future (if there is any).
Although Firefly uses smaller aircrafts, it allows you to have up to 20 kg of baggage allowance, apart from compliementary snacks and drinks onboard. We find it to be very convenient to customers. However, if you opt for no-frills carrier, then we think AirAsia should be your choice of airline.
Here is more information about the announcement:
All 1Malaysia Student Discount cardholders (KADS1M) will receive 50 percent discount on Y class fare on Firefly domestic flights; airport taxes, surcharges and levies are to borne by KADS1M cardholders.
This special promo is valid until 5 February 2014*.
Here’s how to take up the promotion:
- Visit any Firefly Airport or City Ticketing Office with original KADS1M with Student ID or MyKad to make a booking, subject to seat availability
- Provide valid email address to be entitled to online Manage My Booking facility
- Airport taxes, fees and surcharges are borne by KADS1M cardholders
- Full payment for the booking must be made at time of booking
- Each booking must be made at least 2 hours before flight time
- For booking and fare enquiries, please contact call centre 03-7845 4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues to note:
- Bookings made less than 48 hours before flight departure are not entitled to flight time/date change. Bookings made more than 48 hours before flight departure are entitled to time/date change subject to payment of fees and fare difference.
- If email address was provided during booking, flight date/time change can be done via Manage My Booking. Otherwise, changes must be made through call centre 03-7845 4543 or at ticketing office.
- KADS1M cardholders are encouraged to make fare comparison between Firefly’s internet promotion fare and the 50 percent KADS1M discount fare because internet promo fares can be lower at times.
* The management of Firefly reserves the right to amend the terms and features of this promotion at any time before 5 February 2014.
Source: Firefly website